We're doing it again at the RAC!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jack Roberts 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Anonymous

You may have read about this already and even if you have it’s a brilliant story! This time however it’s not about what we did to celebrate 10 years of the GTROC, rather it’s about 25 years of the R32. Yes we are going to put an R32 in the Royal Automobile Club.

In 2013 to celebrate ten years of the GTR Owners Club we did something a little different: put a car in the Royal Automobile Club in London’s Pall mall. So, we approached the RAC’s headquarters in central London – known at the time as the Palace of Pall Mall; it’s a pretty impressive building to say the least! Getting the GT1 car in their was a bit of a deal, taking the doors off – the car and the building! – arriving at 3am to start, getting it up a short flight of stairs, between two marble pillars. You get the idea! But perhaps the best way is to read an article written by Speedhunters:

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/10/thats-gt1-tight-squeeze/

Last week Ross (GTROC Chairman) and I met two members of the Driving Committee at the RAC and they have agreed to let us put an R32 in the RAC’s prestigious building in Pall Mall.

Here’s what it looked like when we put the GT1 car in there:

GT1605.jpg

Attachments:
    2 years, 10 months ago
  • Kriss Merchant
    Administrator

Fantastic news, absolutely fantastic !!!

Can I just ask though if we can have “some” photos with no one milling in the backgrounds this time – though the one with Sean by his car was cool!

I vote Ross’s green monster for the challenge ;)

GTROC NATIONAL EVENTS COORDINATOR
    GTROC SOCIAL MEDIA

WWW.ARKHAMRACING.CO.UK

#DRIVETRIBE - FOREVER 23

2 years, 10 months ago
  • Jack Roberts
    Participant

In time for the 19 Dec?

2 years, 10 months ago
  • grahamc

Awesome news!!!

In time for the 19 Dec?

And great question…..

2 years, 10 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.