TEN OF THE BEST – Fun Team NOW Required

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bling ferret 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Ludders
    Administrator

For the past two years Team GTROC have won Ten of the Best but due to work & family issues this year we now are looking forward to a more relaxed & fun time for 2017.

So for 2017 we are purely doing it for fun without the intention of winning – if we do great, if we don’t then no worries as long as we all have fun.

Anyone can be part of the Team GTROC 2017, but remember that on the actual day ten cars are selected that are considered to be the ones with the best chance of gaining team points – everyone else in the team continues to compete on an individual basis in an attempt to win individual awards.

The event consists of a timed handling track, quarter mile drag racing & a one (1) km high speed run.  All drivers are entitled to try their hand at all three disciplines to score points.

If you would like to be in Team GTROC for TOTB 2017 please add your name below or contact me with any questions.

10 months, 2 weeks ago
  • Ricky
    Participant

This is pretty cool :good: … still a newbie on the JapScene… so who are the opponents? Am cool to do the 1/4 mile and/or high speed run (gulp – or maybe not – imagining bits of the car flying off, and worse still leaving bits of tranny on the start line)…  Plus the handling circuit sounds a bit worrying :scratch: … just about every time squeeze the gas pedal in the R32, I invariably end up sideways and soiling my pants :wacko:  used to think I was a average to fairly competent driver until I got in the driving seat of a GTR…

10 months, 2 weeks ago
  • Ludders
    Administrator

This is pretty cool :good: … still a newbie on the JapScene… so who are the opponents? Am cool to do the 1/4 mile and/or high speed run (gulp – or maybe not – imagining bits of the car flying off, and worse still leaving bits of tranny on the start line)… Plus the handling circuit sounds a bit worrying :scratch: … just about every time squeeze the gas pedal in the R32, I invariably end up sideways and soiling my pants :wacko: used to think I was a average to fairly competent driver until I got in the driving seat of a GTR…

The opposition is another 100 cars or so.  There will be teams comprising of Evos, Subarus, rear wheel drive cars, front wheel drive cars, allsorts!!  It’s a great weekend and for £100 it has got to be the cheapest multi discipline track event available.

Do you want your name added?

10 months, 2 weeks ago
  • Ricky
    Participant

Gonna be honest mate…. I am gonna be a big chicken and not risk hurting the motor – given that I dont think I have mastered driving the GTR as it is… I can imagine this a mega fun event though! Good luck! :bye:

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  Ricky.
    10 months, 1 week ago
  • Ross Stewart
    Administrator

Ricky,

As a fellow R32 owner this event is worth a go.

I have had mine 15 years and still enjoy going out and competing at events .

this is what R32’s were built for!

For a 25 year old car it can still compete with the best.

10 months, 1 week ago
  • Bling ferret
    Participant

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

DO IT!!! :D

Il be there to support Jeff and team. Wont be competing though as the R32 has no engine still and the Suzuki Alto Works might not be quite fast enough unless theres an under 700cc catorgory lol

Bling ferret professional detailing 0o__o0

6 months, 3 weeks ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.