Returning after a long absence

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ross Stewart 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Barry Wheeler
    Participant

It’s about 12-13 years since I was last on here and I’ve changed email address and forgotten my log in details so I’ve had to re-register and it has changed!

Anyway Hello to all, I can’t remember the names of the people I knew before so if they are still here and recognise my name apologies for not remembering yours.

I used to own 2 GTR 33’s both long gone now, was running a Merc. CL55 AMG Kompressor, not the same thing at all but nice to have a 5.5 V8 but just sold that. Currently running around in a Rover Metro 1.0 litre which I did actually find in a barn. I don’t like it but it doesn’t owe me anything and it’ll do for now.

Thats me, maybe someone could answer a question – do I have to be a paid up member to access the for sale section?

4 months, 4 weeks ago
  • SPEED MERCHANT
    Administrator

Barry, welcome back & indeed much has changed since all those years ago!

Far too much to type on here anyway, so hopefully see you at an event for a catchup.

The for sale section is now all Facebook based, I did see you apply for the Facebook Group which you were accepted on, but as much of the every day stuff is all social media now this is more a club house / point of information destination if that makes sense!

What was your forum name before hand as we could get this added to your new account?

If you haven’t already check this thread out for all GTROC Social Media :

http://gtroc.org/forums/topic/the-gtroc-on-the-internet/

GTROC NATIONAL EVENTS COORDINATOR
    GTROC MEDIA - http://gtroc.org/forums/topic/the-gtroc-on-the-internet/

WWW.ARKHAMRACING.CO.UK

4 months, 4 weeks ago
  • Netrunner
    Administrator

Hi Barry,

12 years ago.. welcome back! Any photos of you and or gtr at any events? I was around. in a bayside r34gtr back then.

4 months, 4 weeks ago
  • Barry Wheeler
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the welcome, I have got one picture of another member ( forgotten his name but he came from Exeter and had a GTR 33 also) sat filming from the passenger seat whilst I was driving my car around Castle Combe. I think it was some kind of club day with only GTROC members and a lot of SAAB turbo’s there and we took turns. That car was running at about 450bhp and was really nicely set up. I’ve got the picture somewhere and I’ll post it when I find it. I’ve got some other pics of the other 33 somewhere also, that was bought from Ben – can’t remember his surname, he lived in Luton nand was an importer. Soon after it arrived a couple of pistons melted and the engine had to be rebuilt (by Ben, which was expensive so thank you to him once again) I got it to run at just over 650bhp but it was a single turbo and set up for the track, very hard to drive in the road. I had it up for sale when it was stolen and fortunately the insurance company paid up in full so did Ok in the end. I know there are some pics of the engine bay somewhere, the reg was M666HKS all the parts were HKS but the car disappeared and as far as I know so did the registration number. I’ll try and find the pics

4 months, 3 weeks ago
  • Ross Stewart
    Administrator

Hi Barry,

Welcome back. I remember from those days when I was in my R32 which I still have after 18 years after a rebuild and a colour change to British Racing Green. Come to some events and renew the acquaintance!

4 months, 1 week ago
  • Ross Stewart
    Administrator

Hi Barry,

Welcome back. I remember from those days when I was in my R32 which I still have after 18 years after a rebuild and a colour change to British Racing Green. Come to some events and renew the acquaintance!

4 months, 1 week ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.