Nissan Brand Event 2015 – The Aftermath !!!

• grahamc

Another good event…. really good fun. My only comment is that green and red do not go – have a load of video to go through, but will upload soon (hopefully)

Attachments:
    6 years, 4 months ago
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Johnny G

Glad you enjoyed the run out in the car:thumb: nice to put a face to names.

Regards Mark

Yep, agreed! Thanks again :)

6 years, 4 months ago

Really wanted to get out with in that car Mark, sounds ridiculous from the outside, the gear change is just sublime :)

6 years, 4 months ago

Some photos stolen from the 350z forum…. looks like they had a really good day as well, more on the drift side, but some were on the track :)

6 years, 4 months ago
    Jack Roberts
    Participant

Just a couple of pics showing the GTROC car parking area. I think we had more cars on the track!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2430[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2431[/ATTACH]
    S1.JPG
    S3.JPG

Attachments:
    6 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Spent most of the day over on the track :D

6 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yer, with hindsight I should have probably driven, and got Susan to help out loading passengers ( a la ASDA day… ) There really wasn’t much going on otherwise ( especially for someone like me who would throw up in the queue for the drift cars…. )

6 years, 4 months ago
    evo9lution
    Participant

Shame I missed this but other commitments but it seems like a good day and hopefully, and most importantly, the punters had a good day as well.

The cars that do not have number plates, are these Nissan’s own cars or just cars where the owner has removed the plate?

6 years, 4 months ago
    davewilkins
    Participant

Just a couple of pics showing the GTROC car parking area. I think we had more cars on the track!!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2431[/ATTACH]

whoops. I am going to be in trouble for that banner.
    We did struggle with wind after the curry! That banner was ok when I left it!

6 years, 4 months ago
    davewilkins
    Participant

Bit late but a quick recap.
    Met up with Jack, Maureen, Adam, Susan, John and Graham in the Gandhi restaurant in Castle Donington and they were having a smashing time! :laugh:
    I did not partake as I had already eaten and we moved on to the Chequered Flag, which is a cracking little bar with some great real ales and a jolly landlord.
    We were met there by Ross and Penny who were making a flying visit and also Simon and Zoe Fox who were back from setting up the Nissan day at Donington Park.
    That was it for Friday night.
    The day itself started sunny but a bit breezy. The show has grown massively from last year with the car clubs and kids entertainment on the site of Donington Market, the cars doing passenger rides on the other side of the circuit and the tarmac lake with drift cars at the top.
    There was viewing of the circuit from a few places as the cars went past at high speed but the field with the display cars in was quite spacious and maybe they could have been squashed in a bit tighter. Most of our cars were on track and few did not show so the stand did look a bit empty as the photos show.
    Pride of place was reserved for Shaun’s GT1 car though, that was outside the launchpad next to an F1 car.
    I did partake in a ride in a drift car and amazing it was too. Quite strange looking out the side window to see where we were going!
    I had my usual ride with Paul (purleskyline) which is always an adrenalin rush and had a very brisk passenger ride with John Miskin.
    There did seem to be quite a mix of cars on track in the morning, z’s, GTiR’s etc., but seemed to be mostly GTROC and Battalion 35 cars in the afternoon. During the day they were joined by Marcus Webster in his time attack R32, and Mark from MGT in a very spectacularly driven Race R32 which was leaving black lines on the track down the straight!
    Unfortunately the track had to close at lunchtime when a 300ZX with a bodykit hit the armco and thankfully no one was injured. Hope the car is fixed soon.
    It was good to see Bob from Torque of the south again after he helped me out at Cadwell Park recently.
    I also caught up with Mark who runs Battalion 35. Great to have a chat with him.
    Overall a cracking day again with lots of GTR’s giving it their all, thanks to everyone who either showed their car or took passenger rides. It is much appreciated.
    Shame I came home looking like a beetroot again. And yes, I put sun screen on!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2442[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2443[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2444[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2445[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2446[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2447[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2448[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2449[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2450[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2451[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2452[/ATTACH]
    SAM_1494.JPG
    SAM_1496.JPG
    SAM_1497.JPG
    SAM_1499.JPG
    SAM_1500.JPG
    SAM_1501.JPG
    SAM_1503.JPG
    SAM_1504.JPG
    SAM_1505.JPG
    SAM_1506.JPG
    SAM_1509.JPG

6 years, 4 months ago
    davewilkins
    Participant

Any more in car videos chaps?

6 years, 4 months ago

Just splitting mine out… I have lots of videos, gopro outside, möbius outside on the front and the Blackvue inside (front and rear… Been having issues with the rear so hope that was working)

6 years, 4 months ago
    davewilkins
    Participant

Just splitting mine out… I have lots of videos, gopro outside, möbius outside on the front and the Blackvue inside (front and rear… Been having issues with the rear so hope that was working)

Thanks Graham.

6 years, 4 months ago
    nurburgringgtr
    Participant

My apologies for not responding sooner but having to sort the car out after this event ready for the Silverstone track day on the 3rd August.

Did quite a few stints but after 10 laps the temperatures were sky high and the car needed a rest, Having a water cooler fitted at the moment to hopefully sort.

The day was great, and once BarryP and myself had rearranged the cones, the event was as safe as it could be bearing in mind the short little circuit. Fantastic to see such an array of Nissan Skylines and GT-R’s, and thanks go to Battalion30five for bringing more cars.

I think next year a different venue where the cars will suffer less and the facilities may be a little more comprehensive. All the same, congratulations to Simon for organising and I am sure that most Nissan employees and their families enjoyed the day.

6 years, 4 months ago
    davewilkins
    Participant

My apologies for not responding sooner but having to sort the car out after this event ready for the Silverstone track day on the 3rd August.

The day was great, and once BarryP and myself had rearranged the cones, the event was as safe as it could be bearing in mind the short little circuit. Fantastic to see such an array of Nissan Skylines and GT-R’s, and thanks go to Battalion30five for bringing more cars.

no need to apologise John.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention the time and effort you and Barry put in to try and make the event safer and the members and their wifes that helped the passengers into the cars. All appreciated.

6 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Did quite a few stints but after 10 laps the temperatures were sky high and the car needed a rest, Having a water cooler fitted at the moment to hopefully sort.

I think next year a different venue where the cars will suffer less and the facilities may be a little more comprehensive. All the same, congratulations to Simon for organising and I am sure that most Nissan employees and their families enjoyed the day.

Indeed, Simon did a tremendous job. I recall him saying that he was going to look at an alternative venue next year. I suggested Bruntingthorpe :)

6 years, 4 months ago

After pulling out all the individual passenger laps off the GoPro (still the Mobius and the BlackVue to do) I have 45 passengers (2-3 laps per person) and I didnt have the cameras running for my first session :( so missed all of that.

Will upload this evening :party:

6 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Indeed, Simon did a tremendous job. I recall him saying that he was going to look at an alternative venue next year. I suggested Bruntingthorpe :)

He discussed Bruntingthorpe with myself and John but there will still be a noise issue at that venue. When we filmed the Car SOS programme there last year the marshal was soon on my case and told me there was no way the car was going back on the circuit as it was way too loud, his comment was that he had been working there for seven years and only three cars had been louder on the noise meter. I mentioned this on the forum as I ran at the ASDA day last year and apparently because it’s a one off charity day they don’t worry about the noise limits on that day, however I don’t think Simon will be able to run the Nissan day without it being noise monitored which obviously means both Mark (B30five) and myself are out for starters!

6 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

He discussed Bruntingthorpe with myself and John but there will still be a noise issue at that venue. When we filmed the Car SOS programme there last year the marshal was soon on my case and told me there was no way the car was going back on the circuit as it was way too loud, his comment was that he had been working there for seven years and only three cars had been louder on the noise meter. I mentioned this on the forum as I ran at the ASDA day last year and apparently because it’s a one off charity day they don’t worry about the noise limits on that day, however I don’t think Simon will be able to run the Nissan day without it being noise monitored which obviously means both Mark (B30five) and myself are out for starters!

Bloody chavs! :smash:

Where else could it be run?
    Oulton – 105dB limit,
    Bedford – 101dB limit
    Elvington – 98db limit,
    Croft – 105dB limit,

6 years, 4 months ago

Maxs car needs a new exhaust, that thing is just stupidly loud……… :behindsofa:

6 years, 4 months ago
    nurburgringgtr
    Participant

I still believe that Bruntingthorpe would be a far better venue all round, with less wear and tear on the cars and a longer track for the same money. I agree it might rule out a few cars but if they were to make it a charity event which I suggested, then there wouldn’t be an issue.

Love Johnny calling Barry a chav :lol:

6 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I still believe that Bruntingthorpe would be a far better venue all round, with less wear and tear on the cars and a longer track for the same money. I agree it might rule out a few cars but if they were to make it a charity event which I suggested, then there wouldn’t be an issue.

Love Johnny calling Barry a chav :lol:

Haha!

The only downside for me with respect to the noise would be that the MGT Motorsport car may not be permitted. However, a trackday with noise limits wouldn’t be the end of the world.

6 years, 4 months ago
    evo9lution
    Participant

If it’s going to be for charity, Nissan could approach RAF Marham? They haven’t run the 30-130 for a couple of years but they may be willing to open up the runway and their old track day circuit for a charity event. Also, it’s a place where 200 mph is definitely achievable so it may put it in line with Brunters as far as the punters are concerned (though, those sort of speeds may be too excessive for this type of event).

6 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If it’s going to be for charity, Nissan could approach RAF Marham? They haven’t run the 30-130 for a couple of years but they may be willing to open up the runway and their old track day circuit for a charity event. Also, it’s a place where 200 mph is definitely achievable so it may put it in line with Brunters as far as the punters are concerned (though, those sort of speeds may be too excessive for this type of event).

Almost zero chance of Marham currently due to operational activities happening out in Iraq etc. also security is a nightmare, they don’t allow spectators when we did the 30-130, you had to be with a competing car.
    A more realistic airfield venue is RAF Woodbridge in Suffolk, this has been used regularly by Javelin for it’s trackday activities and the runway is massive, they also use it for top speed run events. Technically there is a noise limit on days at the venue but the limit is interpreted very liberally.

6 years, 4 months ago
    nurburgringgtr
    Participant

Marham is also too far away for the Nissan employees and their families.

6 years, 4 months ago

Still uploading….. currently 21-30 and still have 31-45 to do after.

On the grass:-
    https://youtu.be/2PAixac1rUw

Hopefully this link to all the videos works (these have been shrunk, so have much better quality if wanted):-
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_IIpOmucqEzPdDzHxKawpQ/videos

6 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.