GTROC SPRINT SERIES – 6th ROUND – LOTUS TEST TRACK – Sat 12th Sept

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Anonymous
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3304[/ATTACH]

The sixth round of the 2015 GTROC / MLR Sprint Series calendar takes place on Saturday 12th September at the Lotus Test Track, Hethel.
    This will be the fourth competitive event between EVOs, Imprezas and GTRs.

Pace Ward MLR Sprint Series

Whiteline 22B Sprint Series

Litchfield GTROC Sprint Series

The Course:

We’ll be using the full circuit which is designed specifically to test the performance and handling of Lotus cars.
    The first part of the course (Graham Hill, Andretti, Senna Curves and Chapman) focus on handling, after the chicane at Windsock Corner the course changes with the emphasis on performance down the Mansell Straight around and the Rindt Hairpin and back up the Fittipaldi Straight across the finish!

IMPORTANT!:

[*]We need to give Lotus a list of ALL attendees names – drivers and spectators. Please email Mechell before Wednesday 9th September with names of everyone coming in your group to Hethel . . . if they’re name is not on the list they won’t be allowed entry.

The Cars:

[*]Upto 30 Evos across four MLR classes
      [*]Upto 30 Imprezas across three 22B classes
      [*]Upto 15 GTRs across two GTROC classes
      [*]Upto 5 guest class cars

Regs:

[*]To remind yourselves of the Rules, Regs and Classes, please click HERE
      [*]Noise limit is 105 dBA static. Noise will be monitored throughout the day and cars tested if necessary. Any cars that fail will be able to make changes and rerun
      [*]All bookings will receive a PDF info pack via email the week before the event
      [*]Call Pace Ward for any insurance queries on 01782 286311

Hethel Sprint Timetable:

[*]08:00 – Registration
      [*]08:00 to 11:00 – Class Check
      [*]08:45 – Driver Briefing
      [*]09:15 – Sighting lap
      [*]09:30 – Practice runs (3) followed immediately by the first of the Competitive runs
      [*]12:00 – Lunch
      [*]13:00 – Competitive runs continue
      [*]16:30 – Event closes and trophies awarded on the Podium

Trophies and Points Table:

[*]Trophies for the top 3 drivers from each MLR class on the day will be presented after the final run

SuperPro – Class A

AP Tuning – Class B

Ross Sport – Class C

HKS Europe – Class D

[*]Each of the Class Leader Boards will be updated asap after the event

Bookings:

[*]On a first come first served basis
      [*]If this is your first Sprint in 2015 there’s a Registration Fee of £10 which goes into the Drivers Fund
      [*]Please call us on 08451 25 26 23.
      [*]Places cost £139 for the day. Balance payments are now due so please contact Chell asap
      [*]Please see MLR’s Cancellation Policy : HERE

Additional Info:

[*]Passengers can register on the day (front seat only) for a nominal charge of £10.
      [*]Spectators are welcome ( please see Important note above ).
      [*]Monty’s burger van will be open throughout the day for breakfast and dinner and snacks.
      [*]No dogs or animals are allowed in the venue at anytime.

2015_sprint_series_logo.jpg
    PW MLRSS Transparent copy for thread.png
    Litchfield Logo small for thread.jpg

2 years, 2 months ago
  • Anonymous #107135

Please note::

IMPORTANT!:

[*]We need to give Lotus a list of ALL attendees names – drivers and spectators. Please email Mechell before Wednesday 9th September with names of everyone coming in your group to Hethel . . . if they’re name is not on the list they won’t be allowed entry.

include your user name so that I know who you are ;)

2 years, 2 months ago
  • evo9lution
    Participant

Shell, is it possible to put my name down on the list but pay on the day only once I have confirmed my car will pass the noise test please, like I did at Snetterton last year? It passed at Snett last year but I am dubious about the result they gave me as I have a pretty loud exhaust on the car …

Cheers,

Daz

2 years, 2 months ago
  • Anonymous #107140

Shell, is it possible to put my name down on the list but pay on the day only once I have confirmed my car will pass the noise test please, like I did at Snetterton last year? It passed at Snett last year but I am dubious about the result they gave me as I have a pretty loud exhaust on the car …

Cheers,

Daz

Hi Daz

sure – I’ll put you down as a possible, but if the day gets full, I can’t save you a space sorry.

2 years, 2 months ago
  • evo9lution
    Participant

OK, no worries. Thanks Shell :thumb:

2 years, 2 months ago
  • monkeynuts
    Participant

Come on Guys this venue is the Nuts

We need more than 1 car entered for this and as said before after all the hard work put in and sponsors signing up to cover the season’s trophys etc a good turn out is needed

2 years, 2 months ago
  • monkeynuts
    Participant

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3308[/ATTACH]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    149.jpg

Attachments:
    2 years, 2 months ago
  • Nice…. sadly that doesnt look like its going to be very fast, but must be having fun! And looks like more debris on track than ASDA Day :biggrin:

Attachments:
    2 years, 2 months ago
  • evo9lution
    Participant

And looks like more debris on track than ASDA Day :biggrin:

At least there won’t be somebody ahead of you spitting the debris into your front end here :)

2 years, 2 months ago
  • monkeynuts
    Participant

Nice…. sadly that doesnt look like its going to be very fast, but must be having fun! And looks like more debris on track than ASDA Day :biggrin:

Well how about signing up and give it a go :p

2 years, 1 month ago
  • Anonymous #107418

It is one of the quick tracks due to the two long straights, over 2 miles long. Vernonjones has had a look and thinks it will suit the GTRs. Entries need to be in soon as Mechell has to sort security clearance with Lotus as this is where all the development work and testing goes on for the new cars. When Lotus was in the ownership of the late Colin Chapman they would test the F1 cars here also.

2 years, 1 month ago
  • Anonymous #107419

Here you go Graham, a video from last years Sprint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaauNGhFwQ0

2 years, 1 month ago
  • Anonymous #98534

And another!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQduVbTN5xY

2 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.