Cotswolds Weekender – 26 & 27 Sep 2015

• evo9lution
    Participant

Was a really nice weekend. Thanks John for organising the route and activities.

Thanks to John & Mary, Jack & Maureen and Adam & Susan for making it a really great weekend. Sorry to hear about your puncture Paul; I hope that you managed to get it sorted!

6 years, 4 months ago
  • davewilkins
    Participant

More details please!

6 years, 4 months ago
    Jack Roberts
    Participant

A simply splendid weekend with beautiful countryside, good restaurants, interesting roads and quaint villages.

The routes and activities were very well planned by John and Mary – thanks.

Pity about Paul’s puncture but I’m sure something like this weekend can be planned again.

I’ll look into the camera shortly.

6 years, 4 months ago
    Jack Roberts
    Participant

More details please!

Here’s some pics of members’ cars including a V8!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3501[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3502[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3503[/ATTACH]
    Cotswold Cars 1.JPG
    Cotswold Cars 2.JPG
    Sebring V8.JPG

6 years, 4 months ago
    Purleskyline
    Participant

Sorry we missed you all,

glad you had a great time and weather was excellent.

typically I didn’t check car over night before like I usually would if the it had been the 33,so a bit annoyed when I saw the puncture.
    all fixed by 12 but then I was 2/3 hours away,and we didn’t book the hotel thinking we would drive home.

catch you all next tine
    paul and jane

6 years, 4 months ago
    nurburgringgtr
    Participant

I think everyone enjoyed the Cotswold’s Tour over the weekend, with the weather playing its part and the roads weren’t too crowded.

The route had been driven by myself beforehand and Mary took all the details down, so we had no shocks, no roads where the GT-R’s grounded of disappeared down giant pot holes.

As Dave wanted more details, they were put up on the forum, but we decided to keep the route secret and didn’t want a giant ‘hoon’ around the picturesque Cotswolds. The route was 128 miles and took in the well known places, with several stops on the way for lunch and sightseeing.

We stayed near Chipping Norton and on Sunday (after a late night) we headed off to the Cotswold Wildlife Park and finished with a fabulous clotted cream tea in Burford that was enough to see us through the rest of the day!

The last picture was an unscheduled stop at my house to see one of my cars.

6 years, 4 months ago

sorry I couldnt make this either, but my GTR is still at Sly and I didnt want to put all the big fat R35s to shame with a little old MX5 on the B road twisty bits :)

6 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d have liked to have done this, roads around there are lovely. But, circumstances and earlier family plans put paid to that. Maybe the next one!

6 years, 4 months ago
    Jack Roberts
    Participant

……………and I didnt want to put all the big fat R35s to shame with a little old MX5 on the B road twisty bits :)

That’s why I didn’t bring my reasonably priced car – the famous Lacetti.:rolleyes:

6 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

sorry I couldnt make this either, but my GTR is still at Sly and I didnt want to put all the big fat R35s to shame with a little old MX5 on the B road twisty bits :)

You could do the Sprint at Rockingham in the MX5 in the Guest Class.

6 years, 4 months ago

When is it? Could be tempted to do that ;)

6 years, 4 months ago
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When is it? Could be tempted to do that ;)

Details are in the GTROC Events section, title Rockingham Sprint.

6 years, 4 months ago
    grahamc

Im up in Newcastle this weekend for the rugby, would be keen to try the sprints though – in the MX5

6 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.